From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dominique Hazael-Massieux
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:21 AM
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Subject: WebIDL checker

(bcc to public-html, public-webapps, public-device-apis)

Hello,

I have just released a simple on-line WebIDL checker:
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check
It detects bugs in the WebIDLs it finds inside HTML documents - it looks
for <pre> elements with a class set to "idl" or "webidl", and then
validates what it extracts using Aplix' widlproc:
http://widl.webvm.net/svn/widlproc/trunk/doc/widlproc.html

See it for instance:
 * applied to HTML5: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?doc=http%3A%
2F%2Fdev.w3.org%2Fhtml5%2Fspec%2FOverview.html
 * to Geolocation: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?doc=http%3A%2F
%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2F2009%2FWD-geolocation-API-20090707%2F

More details on my blog:
http://people.w3.org/~dom/archives/2009/07/webidl-checker/

I'm open for suggestions of improvements - in particular if having a
other output formats in addition to the HTML report would be useful.

Hope this useful to some,

Dom

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.