Re: Schedule and criteria for FPWD of Contacts API

On Dec 1, 2009, at 11:12 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
Le lundi 30 novembre 2009 à 18:12 +0100, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>> I think that we should get two things right for FPWD:
>>
>>  1) It needs to be feature-complete (even if poorly defined) enough to make us safer in the patent exclusion area;
>>  2) It should have points of integration into browsers well-defined (i.e. the security mechanism and API entry points need to be reasonable enough to start a discussion).
>
> I think 2) isn’t defined yet in the current draft of the Contacts API.

I'm reviewing and taking notes on this now. More information later. This is indeed the most important point, and I think that it's the one solid reason to delay.

> There are also discussions on a drastic reduction of scope of the API
> which may be related to 1. but in a kind of reverse way, I suppose.

Well so long as they're only about *reducing* the scope we're fine :)

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards