[contacts] vCard version 4 update

From: <richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:03:57 +0100
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
[non-FPWD critical path discussion -> point 1 in [FPWD-CRITERIA]:
discussion on interface attributes]

Hi,

Can we reference IETF draft documents in our specifications?

Looking at the Contacts API [1] (which seems to be the mode at the
moment) it may be better to refer to vCard v4 [2], currently in draft at
IETF, rather than the relatively old references to vCard that are
currently used [3], [4].

vCard v4 introduces useful attribute updates (e.g. anniversay, gender,
etc) and removes fairly useless attributes (e.g. mailer) that could be
reflected in our API.

Kind Regards,

Richard

[FPWD-CRITERIA]