Re: Orientation event in Firefox

From: Dave Burke <daveburke@google.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:54:08 +0100
To: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org, public-device-apis@w3.org
+1, I like this approach for its simplicity and familiarity.

As part of fleshing out, there are probably a few small but key additions
that would greatly increase effectiveness:
  - update frequency (knowing the sample rate is crucial for even the most
trivial DSP operations such as filtering)
  - units (convention is in units of 'g', i.e 9.81 m/s^2)
  - magnetometer in addition to accelerometer (for heading)

Dave

--

Sent from Wandsworth, Greater London, United Kingdom