API for sensor data: compass, proximity, thermometer, ambient light, etc

From: Ennals, Robert <robert.ennals@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:18:24 +0100
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: "Vick, CV" <cv.vick@intel.com>, "Robison, Clayne B" <clayne.b.robison@intel.com>, "Idsinga, Andy S" <andy.s.idsinga@intel.com>, "Carr, Wayne" <wayne.carr@intel.com>, "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>
Hi Everyone,

We've been working internally on API's to allow web applications to access sensor information on mobile devices such as compass direction, proximity, thermometer, ambient light, accelerometer etc.

Do such APIs fall within the charter of this working group? (my guess is yes, but I'm not sure)

Does anyone else have a similar API that we should consider merging with or have a strong opinion about how such APIs should be structured?

Thanks

-Rob