Editing specifications with ReSpec.js

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 01:49:48 +0200
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Cc: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Hi all,

one of the annoying decisions one has to make when editing a
specification is which tool to use to generate the final, PubRules
compliant HTML.

I don't intend to impose a solution on this — it is up to editors to
decide collectively — but I would like to suggest my favourite option:
ReSpec.js.

Its chief advantage is that it does not require running any external
tool, one simply edits an HTML document according to some conventions,
reloads it in the browser, and voilà. It also has built-in support for
WebIDL, which'll come in handy for us. Unless you hit a bug it should
provide you with PubRules compliant HTML very easily (the checker
complains about a couple small things, but I would think that they're
wrong).

I won't bend your ear longer than necessary here, you can read more
about it at:

   http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/documentation.html

and in general poke around http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/ to
see what it's made of.