Re: Proposal for new WG to specify "Concrete APIs"

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:26:04 -0400
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, DANIEL JESUS COLOMA BAIGES <dcoloma@tid.es>

On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:34 PM, ext JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:

>  We believe that it is important to review as many contributions
> for the baseline as possible, and hence we have gone through your
> baseline suggestion and through BONDI API (see attached) to find
> out which are the key similarities and differences.
>  The comparison is available as well at:
> https://files.morfeo-project.org/mymobileweb/public/
> BondiDeviceStatus.xhtml

Thanks; this is helpful!

Regarding the following conclusion in your attachment:

We believe that the convergence of the two approaches
in a future W3C standard is feasible, taking the best
of both proposals, complementing the genericity advocated
by Bondi with the versatility (synchronous, asynchronous,
one shot) offered by Nokia's.

Indeed my expectation is the group will use inputs from all members
of the group when creating the agreed specifications.

> Last, but not least, this area is key for Telefónica, thus we will
> be glad to have in W3C such as an active role as the one we are
> having in BONDI, for instance being editors of the specification.

This is good to hear Jose.

-Regards, Art Barstow