Re: Proposal for new WG to specify "Concrete APIs"

Jose,

On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:34 PM, ext JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:

>  We believe that it is important to review as many contributions
> for the baseline as possible, and hence we have gone through your
> baseline suggestion and through BONDI API (see attached) to find
> out which are the key similarities and differences.
>
>  The comparison is available as well at:
>
> https://files.morfeo-project.org/mymobileweb/public/
> BondiDeviceStatus.xhtml

Thanks; this is helpful!

Regarding the following conclusion in your attachment:

[[
We believe that the convergence of the two approaches
in a future W3C standard is feasible, taking the best
of both proposals, complementing the genericity advocated
by Bondi with the versatility (synchronous, asynchronous,
one shot) offered by Nokia's.
]]

Indeed my expectation is the group will use inputs from all members
of the group when creating the agreed specifications.

> Last, but not least, this area is key for Telefónica, thus we will
> be glad to have in W3C such as an active role as the one we are
> having in BONDI, for instance being editors of the specification.

This is good to hear Jose.

-Regards, Art Barstow