Proposal for new WG to specify "Concrete APIs"

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:19:13 -0400
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
We want to standardize some of the "Concrete APIs" discussed at last
December's Device API workshop [1]. More specifically, we propose
creating specifications for the following APIs:

1. Calendar
2. Camera
3. Contacts (aka Address Book)
4. Messaging
5. System Information

For each of the above APIs, I attached a separate input and an
appendix that includes common definitions shared by some of these
APIs. We offer these inputs, under the terms of the W3C Patent
Policy, as a starting point (strawman proposals) for the
standardization effort.

We also propose the attached draft Charter for a new Working Group
whose deliverables will include these APIs.

If the W3C agrees to add these APIs to a WG Charter, we will commit
resources to drive the specification work including the Editor role.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2008/security-ws/report#Concrete>