xml3d.js 4.2 Release Announcement

From: Kristian Sons <kristian.sons@dfki.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:12:13 +0200
To: xml3d-public@cg.uni-saarland.de, public-d3d mlist <public-declarative3d@w3.org>
Dear all,

we are proud to announce the immediate release of xml3d.js 4.2.

*The key features of xml3d.js 4.2 include:*

  * Hardware accelerated object picking expanded to 16,7 mio objects
  * Emissive texture map support in diffuse and phong shader --demo
  * Specular map support in phong shader --demo
  * New mechanism for custom shaders --demo
  * Support of directional lights (finally) --demo
  * Support of external data resources in JSON format --demo
  * New mechanism to register loaders for external formats --demo

Version 4.2 is the second public release on GitHub
<https://github.com/xml3d/xml3d.js>. We have 1242 tests now -- compared
to 987 for release 4.1 -- and fixed many minor bugs. We also integrated
the basics for Xflow, which will be fully available in the next public

Kristian Sons
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Agenten und Simulierte Realität
Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
Phone: +49 681 302-3833
Fax:   +49 681 85775--2235

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313