Microsoft

From: Kristian Sons <kristian.sons@dfki.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:14:03 +0100
To: "xml3d-dev@cg.uni-saarland.de" <xml3d-dev@cg.uni-saarland.de>, public-d3d mlist <public-declarative3d@w3.org>
Hi,

here's an interesting interview with Paul Cotton from Microsoft. Still
skeptical about WebGL, but leaves the door a bit open:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57541396-93/web-standards-vet-marches-microsoft-to-the-front-lines-q-a/

Speaks for a declarative approach:
"It would be great to have interoperable 3D graphics on the Web. If we
can solve the security problems, I think we'd seriously look at some way
of producing 3D graphics for the Web"

Best,
   Kristian

Kristian Sons
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Agenten und Simulierte Realität
Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
Phone: +49 681 302-3833
Fax:   +49 681 85775--2235
kristian.sons@dfki.de
http://www.xml3d.org

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313