Re: TPAC session

Nice work.  Missing:  X3D.  Suggested sentences, please edit to fit in first or second paragraph.

The Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics standard is already well aligned with HTML5 and the W3C Recommendations, and has found strong design principles in common with Declarative 3D by participating in this effort.  The Web3D Consortium is now working to evolve X3D versions 3.4 and 4.0 in concert with Declarative3D.

On 10/15/2012 6:52 AM, Kristian Sons wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just proposed a session for TPAC this year:
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2012/SessionIdeas#Declarative_3D_as_Polyfill
>
> Please feel free to improve the proposal (if you don't have a W3C account, just send me your changes).
>
> I think this could be good discussion as follow-up to the discussions we had at the Declarative 3D workshops at WWW and Web3D conferences. I hope we'll be able to gain some interest within W3C. I tried this by showing:
>
> * there is large interest in Dec3D
> * that Dec3D could be a bridge between W3C technologies and 3D APIs
> * that support for Polyfill implementations could be interesting for other domains as well
> * we have good connections to the Browser vendor's WebGL teams and Khronos
>
> Let's see, what happens. Would be great to have a pre-selected session, because this guarantees a room.
>
> Best regards,
> Kristian
>
> --
>
> Kristian Sons
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
> Agenten und Simulierte Realität
> Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
> 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
> Phone: +49 681 302-3833
> Fax:   +49 681 85775–2235
> kristian.sons@dfki.de
> http://www.xml3d.org
>
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
> Dr. Walter Olthoff
>
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
>

> .

all the best, Don
--