Re: Conf Call Reminder + Agenda: comments regarding architecture diagram

Thanks for the excellent meeting planning Johannes.  Here are my meeting inputs.

On 10/1/2012 2:14 PM, Johannes Behr wrote:
> [...]
> Agenda:
>
> 1) TPAC planning

I hope to attend but do not yet have confirmed funding, unfortunately.  Will keep trying.

It would be valuable to have a Declarative 3D meeting there, beyond the brainstorming breakouts Wednesday.

Future of Declarative 3D working group:

- Are we satisfactorily meeting our declared goals and deliverables?
- Does the DEC3D CG site fully reflect our status?  Can we advertise an update to W3C members?
- Are there Notes we should be creating to document our continued progress?
- If we were to evolve into a Working Group some day, what would our charter goals be?
- What is the transition process for Community Group to Working Group?

> 2) Discussion on "Evolving Dec3D Architecture" (See attachment)

Really interesting.  Thanks for sharing this.  Constructive comments:

- Can we post on the site and begin prose descriptions of what it means/implies.

- Do we think that this is likely to be stable over time?

- This diagram shows how APIs interact.  Where would the following fit in:
-- HTML user agent
-- SVG renderer and/or user agent
-- HTML5 Canvas
	http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/single-page.html#the-canvas-element
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_element

- This is an API diagram useful for implementers/integrators.  Am wondering what a corresponding XML document-oriented diagram of relationships would look like that is useful for authors & content creators.

- Is it compatible with the evolving architecture of X3DOM and XML3D?

- Could we ask the various AR working group efforts to comment?

- I think that the XML 4.0 design effort (discussed multiple times at SIGGRAPH) would be able to pose complete alignment with Declarative 3D use cases, technical requirements and architecture as its primary design goal.

> 3) CSSMatrix development

- presumably this includes types and arrays
- cross-comparison with latest XML Schema and RelaxNG needed
- have we defined the requirements and any details?

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       brutzman@nps.edu