Re: Telco - Agenda.

Dear Maria,

> I will work on the use cases, as I think that is where I can make a contribution.
>
> One use case deals with the artist and the creation of 3D models. The need to allow the artist to set the IP rights by the creator at the time of creation -- semantically connect to the creativecommons.org?  So, when the objects are published, the objects would know the intent of the creator, and thus automatically carry that information with them and into other "relationships."  The idea is to automatically protect, prevent theft, and allow interaction with e-commerce systems, automatically.  The creator of that IP, should be able to change their mind, and have the object update and broadcast its new relationship, or to even set rules, for example, "IP free if Teacher requests, or School requests, otherwise not free."  Such a capability built into the very fabric, would be excellent for independent artists, who are creating 3d artwork. http://www.turbosquid.com/  (Also, needed is a tool to convert and publish, with ease. )

IP rights of 3D assets is a very important issue not only Web-based application have to deal with. The question is really whether we can address this problem within the current "declarative 3d" scope. We just try to extent HTML right now to be able to support 3D data in a single document (and DOM). I'm not sure how we could automatically protect, prevent theft and allow interaction with e-commerce systems without changing HTML or the W3C technology stack in general? How about your 2D assets (e.g. SVG-drawings). Should the IP-Projection not also work for Text and SVG? I guess we need to address this issue in a broader way. Not just for 3D.

However, this is interesting Use-Case and we should include it in the list.

Best regards
Johannes