Re: a suggestion about conference calls

Hi,

I agree, too. I also think that we should move large parts of the
discussion to the mailing list as it documents it and could also involve
people who are not as encouraged to join the telco. I think we started
some interesting threads on the mailing list but cosidering the mailing
list as the _main_ communication channel could lead to even more
intensive discussions.

Best,
Kristian

Am 12.02.2012 19:49, schrieb Johannes Behr:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with sandy: The group is new and there is still room for improvements in regards to the conf call. I'll would be open to switch to a more efficient and every other week model.
>
> best regards
> johannes
>
>> Hi folks...I'd like to suggest the following changes to the weekly conference calls:
>> 1. Let's do the call every other week. It always seems like pulling teeth to get a discussion going...every week seems somewhat excessive.
>> 2. Publish a call for agenda items 2 days before the conference call...if there is no response to the call for an agenda then we simply cancel the call...no reason to call if there is nothing to talk about (I have a project at work that does this and it works quite well)
>> 3. Of course if there are any pressing matters simply arrange a call for the pressing issue
>>
>> any thoughts??
>> Sandy
>>
>> Sandy Ressler
>> High Performance Computing and Visualization Group
>> National Institute of Standards and Technology
>> 100 Bureau Drive, STOP 8911
>> Gaithersburg MD, 20899
>> (301) 975-3549 Fax: (301) 975-3218
>> sressler@nist.gov
>>

> --
> Dr. Johannes Behr
> Abteilungsleiter Visual Computing System Technologies
> Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
> Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
> Tel +49 6151 155-510  |  Fax +49 6151 155-196
> johannes.behr@igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de

Kristian Sons
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Agenten und Simulierte Realität
Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
Phone: +49 681 302-3833
Fax:   +49 681 85775–2235
kristian.sons@dfki.de
http://www.xml3d.org

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313