X3DOM 1.3 Released

From: Timm Drevensek <Timm.Drevensek@igd.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:44:30 +0100
To: <public-declarative3d@w3.org>, <x3d@web3d.org>, <x3dom-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Hallo,

from the X3DOM project, we have been working on the current 1.3 release for now about a half year and, finally, one day before Christmas, we have released our work!

Some important changes are:
* By the release of Flash 11, we moved from the beta API to a stable one.
* We did optimize or shaders for the use on mobile devices. Also we support (multi-) touch events from such devices.
* We started to split up our code into components for to keep our core html profile with only a minimal subset. So our first two components are 2D geometry and geo referenced elements.
* You now can address elements inside inlined files by their id (or even DEF)
* You can integrate X3Dom files like images by just using <x3d src='foo.x3d' />
* ...and many more...

For more information about the 1.3 release, have a look at http://www.x3dom.org/?p=2677

Also we wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Sincerely
Timm Drevensek

--
M.Sc. Timm Drevensek

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD  |  Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-287  |  Fax +49 6151 155-196  |  Timm.Drevensek@igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de