Re: DDR Simple API test class - Draft 1

Thanks Rotan.

Ref the C# implementation, that would be nice, but not strictly a
conformance test, I think.

I'd be happier if the test did not depend on the insertion of a virtual
device into a particular data set - although I could see the argument
for testing against the DDC, possibly. I'd prefer that the positive
tests were carried out on a "UA known to be recognised" and that the
negative tests were carried out on a device "known not to be recognised"
by a particular implementation. It being up to those claiming
conformance to identify what those devices were ...

... I'm also a bit concerned that it is legitimate for an implementation
"not to know" values. If I have understood the code correctly it's
assumed that a value exists for these properties. I'm not especially
suggesting that two devices are tested, one of which has known values
and the other not, but I'm not sure I know what the alternative is.

That would mean in detail that we tested 3 devices. One unrecognised,
one known for which the values are know and one known for which the
values are not known ...

Jo