Re: Time to take a leadership position on client-side APIs

Thanks, I responded to his comment as follows:

"Thanks for the info. A number of companies have explored the plugin
approach, but so far there has been little work on common APIs. I
think it is critical to bring together all of the stakeholders and
perhaps a W3C Workshop sponsored by the Mobile Web Initiative might
be a good way to assist with that."

It is clear that with a plugin and Ajax, you can do some really cool
things, but the web page would be specific to the plugin and there
is the usual problem with plugins in that not everyone will have the
plugin installed. This has plagued the use of video on the web.

p.s. just to make it clear, I don't believe that the delivery
context should be specific to mobile devices, but rather seem them
as driving the initial round of standards work.