From: public-ddwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ddwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Michael(tm) Smith
Sent: 11 October 2007 06:26
To: Jos?? Manuel Cantera Fonseca
Cc: public-ddwg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [API] First draft of the Java API bindings

Jos´¼P Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>, 2007-10-10 19:20 +0200:

> I have created a first draft of the Java API bindings [1], even I'm proud
> to announce that I have a first version of the implementation of those APIs
> using WURFL :). I have done it as a proof of concept of the quality of the
> design.
>
> I have designed all the functions that are in the current editor's draft
> and others that might be in subsequent drafts. Also a simple bootstrapping
> mechanism is provided.
>
> I think this APIs should provide a good starting point for those who are
> not comfortable with IDL. Also, I'm gonna send a UML diagram illustrating
> the design of the API. I will also commit in the group's CVS the Java
> files.

Jose, before you check these in, let me first check with the W3C
system team to ask how to handle it. We maintain a page listing
all open-source software developed/maintained at the W3C -

  http://www.w3.org/Status

...and I think the team tries to keep track of all software we are
making available.

I'll check and find out how they recommend we proceed with this.

  --Mike