Comments on the current version of the ontology

Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:22:48 +0200
To: public-uwa@w3.org, public-ddwg@w3.org
Cc: mymobileweb-celtic-es@lists.morfeo-project.org

Here are my comments on [1].

+ Editorial:

"of information that can be used to adapt materials materials from".
Materials is +duplicated
"within appropriately written reasoning systems." a reference to Pellet
or some other open source reasoning system would be useful
"...defining unique names for each class ...". This is confusing.

Suggested: "The mechanism consists of creating a common property
'deliveryContextEntityName' shared by all classes. This property for
each class is restricted to have a distinct value (a unique string)."

+ Substantial

* During our discussion on August 16th [2] based on [3] I agreed on
providing alternative ways of providing alternateNames to the
properties. I have done that. You can see the example on the attached
OWL file for the property supportedNetworkBearers with has two
annotation properties for the alternative ways of referring to it.

* If UAProf vocabulary hasn't been used deliberately We would suggest to
drop the Associated_UAProf_Entity class from the ontology and treat
UAProf properties as annotation properties (literals) but not instances.
For the supportedNetworkBearers property I also provide the example.

* Regarding the usage of schema subtypes in the ontology for modelling
units we are still working on the matter and we provide an update very

New issues of this version

+ The originator field, perhaps we should use FOAF (or vCard) as the
mechanism for representing people or organizations. The DCO would import
these ontologies.

+ Derived Properties: I'm thinking ... perhaps these informal
descriptions could be formalized as rules bound to the ontology in some
rule language ... I think we need to investigate further on this

Best Regards

[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-uwawg-minutes.html
[4] http://www.foaf-project.org
[5] http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns