Interests in implementing DDR API

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:34:57 -0000
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

I certainly hope that all participants in the DDWG who are in a position to do so will provide a DDR API access mechanism adhering to the specifications that we eventually agree, whether or not the products operate as open or closed source. That Martin has indicated [1] an interest in doing this for products within his company is welcome news. I understand that the MyMobileWeb project will be doing likewise, and there is considerable evidence for this given the significant recent contributions from Josť. This will likely also include a DDR API bridge to WURFL data. Similarly, it is my expectation that products within my domain will also provide DDR API facilities.

If anyone else wants to mention now their interest in providing an implementation of the DDR API, please feel free to say so on this list.

---Rotan.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ddwg/2007Nov/0025.html