W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > May 2007

Meeting Summary - 28 May 2007

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 23:19:39 +0100
Message-ID: <D5306DC72D165F488F56A9E43F2045D30111266E@FTO.mobileaware.com>
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

[Weekly conference call, 28 May 2007.] Next F2F in July, Taskforce commencing, Wiki updates (IDL, Ecosystem), IDL tools. Details follow:

[F2F] Following a poll of the group members, the majority of respondents agreed that July 16/17 was the right time to hold the summer face-to-face. We will be hosted by Vodafone, who have kindly offered a room and meeting services. Some participants will be missing, which is unavoidable during the vacation season.

[Taskforce] Three volunteers have indicated they will join the "Context Key Taskforce". A number between 3 and 5 is desirable. A wiki page has already been prepared to record the results of the taskforce. A deadline for a report has been set for the week before the July face-to-face.

[IDL] Nacho announced several updates to the wiki covering IDL issues. A W3C tool has been identified that can assist in the production of documented IDL material, but the tool is 5 years old and may be difficult to get working again. Volunteers will look into the code, and try to get help from W3C editors who have used the tool in the past. The tool, if we can get it to work properly, will help as the complexity of the IDL resources grow. Given the lack of guarantee of getting this tool to work, other possibilities have been suggested, such as using Java as a design language from which the IDL can be derived (namely because more people understand Java and tools are available to assist).

[Ecosystem] Several new updates have been added to the Ecosystem document. The updates can be seen marked in the Ecosystem wiki pages, and in the wiki diff tool. The "Business Model" section seems out of place, and as it was intended to deal with commercial matters, it might not be a topic with which the group can speak with authority. Therefore the section has been made a candidate for removal.

[Requirements] The requirements document has received major updates recently. Some checks will have to be made to ensure that the requirements agreed during charter 1 are still reflected in the updated charter.

[New Actions] (ACTION-45) Rotan to follow up on the possibility of the specification being made via Java-to-IDL.

[Attendees]
Anders Ekstrand (Drutt)
Rafael Casero Escamilla (SATEC)
Jose Manuel Cantera Fonseca (Telefónica)
Rodrigo Garcia (CTIC)
Rotan Hanrahan (MobileAware)
Cedric Kiss (W3C)
Nacho Marín (CTIC)
Jo Rabin (dotMobi)
Mike Smith (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 31 May 2007 22:19:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 6 December 2009 12:13:51 GMT