Re: Motion senstive laptop

From: Andrea Trasatti <andrea@trasatti.it>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 18:13:02 +0200
To: public-ddwg@w3.org

Motion sensors have been in IBM and Apple notebooks for years now.
There's an open-source lib for the Mac that was later used to control
the screen orientation and even games. Here's the lib, FYI:
http://www.kernelthread.com/software/ams/ams.html

Also, the iPhone should be able to change screen orientation when you
rotate the device.

Finally, Nokia has motion sensors in a mobile phone already on the
market and even released an SDK:
http://trasatti.blogspot.com/2007/01/iphone-unique-motion-sensor.html

Looks like motion sensors are going to be an active part of the
future handhelds.

- Andrea