W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > March 2007

RE: Meeting Summary - 26 March 2007

From: Luca Passani <luca.passani@openwave.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:51:39 +0200
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BFS-FE-PRD12HMmNpSX000008e5@bfs-fe-prd1.myopwv.com>


"A device description is a formal definition within some context of the
named attributes and their permissible values [which may take the form of
lists, ranges, or other patterns] which are applicable to entities of
interest in that context,"

this is not english. It means nothing. It may mean something to those deep
inside esoteric W3C lingo. Certainly not suitable for a blog as it is unless
you want people to laugh at DD's work.

Luca

-----Original Message-----
From: public-ddwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ddwg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Rotan Hanrahan
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:25 AM
To: public-ddwg@w3.org
Subject: Meeting Summary - 26 March 2007


[Weekly conference call, 26 Mar 2007.] "Device Description" described!
Initial ontology almost ready for publication. Reviewing OMA documents. Need
public input to vocabulary. Details follow:

[DD Defined] A text to describe what is meant by "Device Description" has
been formally agreed by the group and will become part of the DD group
terminology. The definition will require an update to the DI Glossary. The
key part of the definition is this: "A device description is a formal
definition within some context of the named attributes and their permissible
values [which may take the form of
lists, ranges, or other patterns] which are applicable to entities of
interest in that context," and goes on to mention the role of 'device' and
the scope of the DDWG with respect to this definition. The full text will be
made public on the wiki.

[Ontology Documents] A set of Protégé files capturing an initial ontology
have been created by Rhys, together with a sample XHTML document to
summarise the information in a human-readable form. Rotan will be looking
into providing an automated visual representation, and the set of documents
are expected to be made public soon. This is not the Vocabulary, but a
framework in which the DDR Vocabulary can be defined.

[OMA Liaison] In response to the recent OMA liaison, a formal
acknowledgement will be posted on the public mailing list. Furthermore, two
members of the group (Jo and Andrea) will be reviewing the OMA documents as
requested in the liaison statement.

[Vocabulary] It was noted during the meeting that the group could use some
more public input, so expect members to mention the DDWG process in blogs
and other public channels over the coming weeks.

[New Actions] (ACTION-21) Rotan to Liaise with DI and successors ref this
definition (of DD). (ACTION-22) Rotan to "Dot-ify" section 3 from the
ontology document to make graphical version. (ACTION-23) Jo to work with
Andrea to prepare a draft response to OMA Liaison - and review architecture
document.

[Attendees]
Rodrigo Garcia Acevedo (CTIC)
Pontus Carlsson (Drutt)
Rotan Hanrahan (MobileAware)
Martin Jones (Volantis)
Cedric Kiss (W3C)
Rhys Lewis (Volantis)
Jo Rabin (dotMobi)
Kevin Smith (Vodafone)
Mike Smith (W3C)
Andrea Trasatti (M:Metrics/WURFL)
Received on Thursday, 29 March 2007 06:52:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:00:13 UTC