RE: Meeting Summary - 05 March 2007

Thanks Jo, Rhys for clarification.

> So if you have specific things in mind ref proxies and gateways it
> would
> be useful to know.
[Christian Timmerer (ITEC)] ... network capabilities (e.g., avail. bw),
de-/encoding (e.g., JPEG, MPEG-4, etc.) capabilities, and adaptation
capabilities in general (e.g., transcoding from MPEG-2 to MPEG.4,
grayscaling, temporal/spatial scaling).

This might be useful for providing adaptation services within the delivery
path enabling device independence at the end user device. However, I agree
with you that this might be out of scope of this WG.

Thanks anyway...
Best regards,
 -Christian