Re: Device Description definition

Il giorno 02/mar/07, alle ore 10:07, Rhys Lewis ha scritto:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to bring the discussion back to the specific topic of
> the definition of the term 'device description'.
>
> After a lot of very useful discussion, I'm minded to:
>
> 1) suggest that we use the text I originally proposed along the
> lines of:
>

> Device Description:
>
> - That specific part of the delivery context directly related to
> the hardware and software of the device.

I'm jumping in late, even later than Jo, who apparently regained the
lost time very quickly.
I have read all the posts of course and have my opinion.

I don't understand why we are restricting the "device description"
definition to the delivery context. It should be a more general
description that may cover ANY aspect of the device and that in our
specific case is limited to the delivery context.

I think that the definitions that actually matched my idea of DD are
the earlier ones. This is my definition of device description:
a collection of attribute-value pairs that detail the features and
capabilities of a device

In my understanding when the term "set" was used it was meant as a
collection while it was later interpreted as a "collection of devices
matching a set of parameters". This means that we went from something
that is supposed to describe all the details of a single device to a
"filter" that will return a list of devices.

I would like to first define what a single description is and then we
can talk about how you can group descriptions.

- Andrea