W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > February 2007

Meeting Summary - 26 Feb 2007

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:55:21 -0000
Message-ID: <D5306DC72D165F488F56A9E43F2045D3DD7479@FTO.mobileaware.com>
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

[Weekly conference call, 26 Feb 2007.] Top N mind map to be published this week. Message to OMA to be published this week. New IDL tool considered. Much activity on the wiki. Process for creating Core Vocabulary under construction. Details follow:

[Top N] The group has determined that a mind map that resulted from a group meeting during Charter 1 is unencumbered by publication restrictions, and therefore may be published. A resolution passed by the group will see this map published on the wiki this week.

[OMA] Following the resolution to release the Top N mind map, the group will now issue its formal response to the OMA. The two are related because the annex of the original OMA liaison statement referred to material that is indicated in the map. All materials will now be in the public domain.

[IDL] A new tool has been identified. Details will appear on the wiki. It has been used by W3C as part of the DOM specifications. There are some issues with UTF-16 support, but Nacho and Rodrigo are looking into it.

[Documents] Some of the Landscape document and all of the Ecosystem document are now on the wiki, and being updated in public. The Requirements document is expected to appear on the wiki soon. The wiki pages dealing with the Vocabulary are also updated, including new material on the process of adding to the core vocabulary.

[Glossary] To ensure we continue to draw from a common pool of technical terms, the group will be making proposals for additions to the Device Independence Glossary. "Device Description" is a term being considered.

[New Actions] (ACTION-9) Andrea to create a page on the Wiki for the CoreVocabularyProcess and send an e-mail to the public list to draw some attention. (NO-ID) Kevin to update wikipedia reference to Device Description Repository. (NO-ID) Kevin to update wikipedia reference to Device Description Repository. (ACTION-10) Rotan to move the Wiki help, sandbox and other Wiki-related topics in a new page linked from the homepage.
 
[New Resolutions] The group has resolved to publish the mind map of the "Top N Properties" that resulted from work of the group during Charter 1. The image will appear on the wiki.

[Attendees]
Pontus Carlsson (Drutt)
Rafael Casero (SATEC)
Anders Ekstrand (Drutt)
Jose Manuel Cantera Fonseca (Telefónica)
Rodrigo Garcia (CTIC)
Rotan Hanrahan (MobileAware)
Martin Jones (Volantis)
Cedric Kiss (W3C)
Nacho Marin (CTIC)
Eman Nkeze (Boeing)
Jo Rabin (dotMobi)
Kevin Smith (Vodafone)
Andrea Trasatti (M:Metrics/WURFL)
Received on Wednesday, 28 February 2007 23:55:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 6 December 2009 12:13:50 GMT