W3C IDL Utils

From: Rodrigo Garcia Acevedo <rodrigo.garcia@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:47:20 +0100
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

Hi.

Finally Nacho and I have found the info about the tools used in the DOM recommendations. As we mentioned, for the DOM Level 1 the DOM group used a parser called COST, but after that they used Xerces [1].
The code used to transform the XML into IDL, Java, ECMAScript and HTML docs is written in Java and it's available from the W3C repository [2] (about 10000 lines of code).
We're trying to understand it to make it work, but it uses some pretty old versions of the Xerces and Xalan libraries and it's difficult to compile. We'll update the wiki as soon as we have more clear information.

Regards,
Rodrigo.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/acknowledgements.html
[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/tools/specgenerator/

Rodrigo García Acevedo - rodrigo.garcia@fundacionctic.org
Departamento I+D+i
Fundación CTIC - www.fundacionctic.org
Parque Científico Tecnológico de Gijón
Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
33203 Cabueñes - Gijón - Asturias - Spain
Phone: 	+34 984 29 12 12
Fax:    	+34 984 39 06 12