W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > February 2007

Meeting Summary - 19 Feb 2007

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:46:26 -0000
Message-ID: <D5306DC72D165F488F56A9E43F2045D3D8272A@FTO.mobileaware.com>
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

[Weekly conference call, 19 Feb 2007.] DDWG agrees response to OMA. More
IDL updates. Top N details now on wiki. Working Group Notes now
appearing on wiki. Vocabulary process to be discussed. Group meeting for
April agreed. Details follow.

[OMA] The group has agreed a text to be delivered as an open email to
the OMA, in response to the OMA's liaison statement to the group in
September 2006. The statement will be copied to the public mailing list.

[IDL] New material has been added to the IDL page on the DDWG wiki, and
some observations and comments were circulated via the public mailing
list. The group will hear from the originators of the IDL information at
the next call, in order to make a decision about the possible use of an
XML-based IDL tool, or other options.

[Documents] The Landscape document will soon appear on the DDWG wiki.
The Ecosystem document is already on the wiki. New material for the Core
Vocabulary wiki entry was added this week. Placeholders for the API
document will also be added. Some technical issues with the wiki system
have been resolved. More material is expected to be added as authors get
used to the new system.

[Vocabulary process] There will be a discussion regarding the creation
of the "contribution process" for the new vocabulary. The group must
agree a process and publish that process, and then use that process to
create/refine the core vocabulary. The discussion will be in public.

[Meeting] The group has agreed to meet in April. Two days of intensive
face-to-face discussions are anticipated, together with a half-day joint
meeting with the MWI Best Practices Working Group.

[Actions Completed] (ACTION-4) Response text to OMA agreed, (ACTION-1)
Top N properties now in wiki form, (NO_ID) Internal policies on blogging
clarified (group members write, but W3C do the actual publishing).

[New Actions] (ACTION-5) Andrea to get permission for some charter 1
material to be made public, (ACTION-6) Cedric to agree blog category to
enable DDWG appear in Mobile Planet, (ACTION-7) Rotan to provide
feedback to other group members re moving W3C documents to the wiki. 

[Attendees]
Pontus Carlsson (Drutt)
Rafael Casero (SATEC)
Anders Ekstrand (Drutt)
Rotan Hanrahan (MobileAware)
Martin Jones (Volantis)
Cedric Kiss (W3C)
Eman Nkeze (Boeing)
Kimmo Raatikainen (Univ. of Helsinki)
Mike Smith (W3C)
Andrea Trasatti (M:Metrics/WURFL)
Received on Thursday, 22 February 2007 09:46:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 6 December 2009 12:13:50 GMT