W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > February 2007

Meeting Summary - 12 Feb 2007

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:29:48 -0000
Message-ID: <D5306DC72D165F488F56A9E43F2045D3D81B0C@FTO.mobileaware.com>
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>
[Weekly conference call, 12 Feb 2007.] DDWG responding to OMA. Requirements to appear on wiki. TOC for API to commence mid March. IDL info now on wiki. Details follow:

[OMA] The DDWG received a liaison statement [1] from the OMA in 2006, near the end of its first charter period. This included commentary on the summary of a questionnaire. The document is in the public domain. Many of the items from that summary are included in the OMA liaison annex. Now that DDWG is again operating under a charter, it is appropriate for DDWG to send a formal reply to properly acknowledge the contribution from the OMA. This shall be done soon, and the reply will also be in the public domain.

[Requirements] The Requirements document will be concluded in the current charter. The group has decided to open a wiki article to include UML of the many use cases contained in the Requirements document. Contributions will be welcome.

[API TOC] The API document is a key element of the group charter. A table of contents (TOC) will be created one month from now, and the editors will be given responsibility for specific sections. This will give time to get some input from the updated Requirements document.

[Editors] Some editors are planning to transfer a lot of material to the wiki in order to evolve the material. Work on Structures will commence next month.

[IDL] The IDL section of the wiki now contains a lot more information. It includes a summary of the instances of IDL usage in W3C publications. It appears that OMG IDL is popular. The group will be seeking information from other W3C sources on the use of IDL and associated tools.

[New Actions] (1) Cedric to follow up on a request from Nacho regarding IDL tools in W3C. (2) Nacho to explain the information about IDL usage that he needs as input to his work on IDL. (3) Rotan to draft, with assistance, a formal response to the OMA Liaison Statement of September 2006.

[New Resolutions] (1) Editors to commence work on a Table of Contents for the API document in 4 weeks time.

[Attendees]
Anders Ekstrand (Drutt)
Jose Manuel Cantera Fonseca (Telefónica)
Rodrigo Garcia (CTIC)
Rotan Hanrahan (MobileAware)
Cedric Kiss (W3C)
Nacho Marin (CTIC)
Eman Nkeze (Boeing)
Jo Rabin (dotMobi)
Kimmo Raatikainen (Univ. of Helsinki)
Kevin Smith (Vodafone)

[1] http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/BAC/UAPROF/Permanent_documents/OMA-LS_0138-toW3C_on_Device_Descriptions_coordination-20060925-A.zip
Received on Wednesday, 14 February 2007 16:29:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 6 December 2009 12:13:50 GMT