RE: A call for DD WG Transparency

Hi Art,

Thank you for your interest in the group.

Meanwhile, for anyone else who may be wondering about the many internal
emails that Art mentioned, here's a breakdown:
- 1 was the announcement of re-chartering success on 6 December.
- 5 subsequent emails with congratulations on re-chartering.
- 48 emails since then were automated messages from the participant
registration system.
- 1 was an observation that 2 DD members were TAG candidates.
- 1 was a request for an unofficial conference call, as many DD members
had not joined the group yet.
- 1 was the minutes of that call, which was just checking who would be
attending the Boston meeting.
- 1 was a reminder for past members to get their AC reps to complete the
membership process.
- 1 was for a brief call in January, in which we proposed the use of a
wiki.
- There were a few "regrets" messages from people who could not join
that call.
- The rest were about logistics for the Boston meeting (location, a
meal, etc.)

Work really starts this month, during which we will be gathering
material from the participants, and hopefully from the public. We have
assigned editors to all six documents mentioned in the charter. A
summary of all this will appear in the approved minutes that we will
publish (in public) next week.

Meanwhile, if anyone wishes to contribute to the DD work, please feel
free to post here.

It will also be possible to contribute material via this list to appear
in the DD wiki. DD members will be tasked with transferring material
into the wiki, which will act as an information repository. Regular
public contributors are likely to be given direct write access to the
wiki, once we figure out the logistics.

The DD member-only teleconferences take place every Monday (with a few
exceptions). A summary of each meeting will be formatted and approved
and then published as quickly as possible. You will see the result of
Action items appear in the wiki. We hope to have a blog too, with which
to make announcements or draw attention to particular issues. You will
be able to subscribe to the wiki and the blog using RSS. All of this
will be visible by the middle of next week.

Looking forward to getting this work properly under way!

---Rotan.