RE: ACTION-58 Look into issues surrounding the use of the 'any' type in the IDL

As ever, Rhys, it looks as though we substantially agree.

I think we could look more closely at the persistence question. I'm not sure of how much of a burden it is to insist on a restful implementation, even in the presence of dynamically computed keys. The key must be persistent for _some_ period in the context of a session, and presumably during the session the data can be updated and so an implementation needs to find a way of allocating a key at the start of a session and make it stick for the duration. I suppose that a session can be arbitrarily long so how is that different from having a 'persistent' key?

I'd rather avoid defining sessions, especially as some implementations will not require it.

Jo