W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ddwg@w3.org > April 2007

Meeting Summary - 2 April 2007

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 00:32:38 +0100
Message-ID: <D5306DC72D165F488F56A9E43F2045D3F0D798@FTO.mobileaware.com>
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

[Weekly conference call, 2 April 2007.] Ontology files to go public. Web form for Vocabulary submissions. And more. Details follow:

[Ontology] After several iterations of an experimental ontology project in Protégé, the group believes that the material is ready for its first public airing and is expected to be placed onto the wiki very soon. A specific extension to generate a summary as a Web page appears to work well, though still needs some polishing. A successful Ontology-to-Hierarchy-Image "proof of concept" was also created during the week, and this may also be made available. The aim is to enable the public to replicate the procedures being used in the group to experiment with ontology/vocabulary design processes.

[Vocabulary] As an adjunct to the proposed Core Vocabulary Process, a wiki page summarising the kind of information expected from submissions to the process will be created. Later, a Web form on the W3C site will be set up to automate the submission of vocabulary contributions.

[OMA] The group has been debating internally the material indicated recently in the OMA liaison statement. This ongoing debate is unlikely to conclude soon, but the group is aware that there will be OMA meetings in a few weeks. Therefore the group has decided to draft a summary of the items that have not raised any (major) concerns/issues, and to mention those items that we are still discussing. A full response will come at a later date.

[Wiki] There have been several advances in the wiki documents. The Landscape pages just need a Conclusion page, and there will be a Change Log page for the many updates to the Requirements pages. Use Cases for the Structure pages are progressing. It is expected that about 5 cases will be sufficient to describe the expected functionality. Contributions are invited. The API pages are also expected to start this week. Group members were reminded to subscribe to wiki pages of interest, and to consider publishing some blog posts.

[F2F] The group is putting together the agenda for the Face-to-Face planned for later in April. Among them is (hopefully) the completion of the updated Requirements document.

[New Actions] (ACTION-24) Jo to liaise with Andrea, Rhys and Rotan to draft a summary about the OMA. (ACTION-25) Rotan to work with the editors of the API doc.

Carlsson, Pontus (Drutt)
Casero Escamilla, Rafael (SATEC)
Ekstrand Anders (Drutt)
Cantera Fonseca, José Manuel (Telefónica)
Hanrahan, Rotan (MobileAware)
Kiss, Cedric (W3C)
Lewis, Rhys (Volantis)
Nkeze, Eman (Boeing) [remote]
Rabin, Jo (dotMobi) [remote]
Smith, Mike (W3C)
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 23:32:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:00:13 UTC