From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:chaals@opera.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:44 PM
To: Rice, Ed (ProCurve); Robin Berjon
Cc: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Subject: Re: Work in Progress on Semantic Web Activity Proposal (Advance Notice)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:56:25 +0100, Rice, Ed (ProCurve) <ed.rice@hp.com>
wrote:

> First, we have to define mobile device..

No. We could ask the working groups to describe how their work is usable in the mobile web, thus pushing the definition problem to them, unless they notice we did that.

We could say "things that people put in their pocket". That's what I mean, anyway...

or we could suggest that no actual progress in real work be attempted until we have complete consensus on the meaning of "device", "mobile", the various combinations of them, complete and exhaustive use cases and requirements... I'm not looking to go there. But I think it is important to demonstrate that the web really works together, and that means including "the ubiquitous web" (as I suppose the current jargon should be at W3C)...

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com