Re: SHACL implementation on RDFUnit

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Dimitris Kontokostas <
kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> There was a question from Peter yesterday on details about my (draft)
implementation but I wanted to share this with the group anyway.

https://github.com/AKSW/RDFUnit/labels/SHACL
> Most of the core constructs are covered and tested with my own test cases
but the implementation is quite fragile right now.
> Meaning validation might break if something deviates from standard
(supported) definitions.

> As you already probably figured out, I use code generation to build up
the queries and everything that is supported so far is integrated to the
RDFUnit philosophy and operations, meaning
> - can be executed on SPARQL Endpoints
> - has different levels of result reporting (status, aggregated,
simplified shacl & shacl)
> - one can mix owl, shacl, RS & DSP constraints all together and execute
them

> some differences with Holger's (current) implementation
> - sh:valueShape implementation is evaluated using a bottom-up approach
and creates separate checks for every sub-shape/facet. IIRC Holger's does
the same thing but delegates this the SPARQL engine with sh:hasShape while
I keep the logic in RDFUnit.
> - I plan to do the same with sh:and / sh:or / sh:not but to support that
I need some major refactoring on my test execution engine

to make it clear for people not too technically involved, I mention this
only because it can affect the number of returned violations. My approach
may return more errors and at lower level than Holger's. This is not
necessarily better or worse, just a different approach.

> - recursion is not supported atm, (actually the current code might get in
an endless loop is some recursion cases)

> Other minors:
> - severity is supported but atm I use the RDFUnit severity levels, I plan
to move to shacl severities soon
> - custom sparql queries are not supported yet, I need to align them with
my SPARQL definitions
> - the shacl validation report are implemented but I need some more work
on metadata like sh:sourceShape/Constraint etc

> If you want to test it, use the command line or code directly, the
webdemo is not updated  yet (ping me if you get into trouble).

> Best,
> Dimitris
> --
> Dimitris Kontokostas
> Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia
Association