Re: More wording

Thank you Karen for offering editing suggestions.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Peter. I see places in the spec where shapes are given agency in
> odd ways:
>
> "2.1.1 Node scopes (sh:scopeNode)
>
> Shapes define node scopes with the sh:scopeNode predicate"
>
> I would be more comfortable with:
>
> "The scope of a shape is defined with (?by?) the sh:scopeNode predicate."
>
> Also, I find places where it isn't clear whether a statement is about the
> shape graph or the data graph, such as:
>
> 2.1
> "Node scopes define a specific RDF node as scope."
>
> The RDF node in this case is a node in the data graph,* but that may not
> be clear to the reader.

I recently changed all examples and split the shapes & data graph to make
such cases more clear and in section 2 all selected focus nodes are marked
as green to further highlight how scopes & filters work.
in this case ex:Alice is referenced from the shapes graph and the node
should exist in the data graph as well

> Also, in some places I see "shape" and in others "Shape", and I believe
> these are referring to the same thing, so one form should be chosen.

This is a typo, "shape" should be used

> Again, I'd like to see editorial changes of this nature made, but am
> unclear how to coordinate with the current editors.

What Arnaud suggested is a good approach & faster but we can also transfer
your edits if you are not comfortable with pull requests.
let us know what you prefer

Best,
Dimitris

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association