Re: More wording

There may be some misunderstanding here.  Shapes in SHACL are IRIs or blank
nodes and come from RDF graphs that are to be considered as shapes graphs.
RDF graphs are generally not considered to be instances of classes.

SHACL documents should be clear that SHACL shapes are IRIs or blank nodes
and not graphs or sets of triples.

Here is some Turtle syntax for an RDF graph

@prefix ex: <http://example.com/> .
@prefix ex: <http://www.w3.org/ns/shacl#> .

ex:s1 a sh:Shape ;
  sh:scopeClass ex:Person ;
  ex:property [ a sh:PropertyConstraint ;
          ex:predicate ex:p1 ;
                ex:valueShape ex:s2 ] ;
  ex:constraint [ a sh:PropertyConstraint ;
                  ex:predicate ex:p2 ;
    ex:valueShape [ a sh:Shape ;
        ex:constraint [ a sh:NodeConstraint ;
                                    sh:class ex:Student ] ] ] .
ex:s2 a sh:Shape ;
  sh:constraint [ a sh:NodeConstraint ;
      sh:nodeKind sh:IRI ] .

When treated as a shapes graph, an RDF graph that results from this Turtle
syntax has three shapes in it
1. http://example.com/s1
2. http://example.com/s2
3. the blank node that is allocated when matching
   [ a sh:Shape ;
   ex:constraint [ a sh:NodeConstraint ;
       sh:class ex:Student ] ]

peter