Re: Clarifying word

With respect to graphs, is something like this better?

RDF graph containing triples that represent shapes is called ³shapes
graph².

Or

A set of triples representing shapes is called a ³shapes graph².

I am not certain what is the exact nature of the comprehension/clarity
problem here because I, for example, don¹t quite understand what the
sentence below means and the issues it is trying to highlight:

"It seems to me that a graph may have sub-graphs, and the subjects of
those may be instances of classes, but it's gotta be triples all the way
down.²

What does it mean for a graph to have sub-graphs and, even more
importantly, why do we care? What are ³those² in the ³subjects of those²?
Are they sub-graphs as in ³the subjects of sub-graphs²? If so, what are
³the subjects of sub-graphs²?

Irene Polikoff