Re: Clarifying word

I think it is quite simple:

* A SHACL shape is an instance of sh:Shape. A shape points to constraints
(or conditions) an RDF node is compared against to determine if it conforms
to the shape. For example, a shape example:Issue may point to two
constraints: one that says that the property example:submitter must have
exactly one value and the value must be a string and one that says that the
property example:submissionDate must have exactly one value and the value
must be a date.
* When an RDF node conforms to conditions specified by a shape it is said to
be valid against a shape.
* A shape can also define what RDF nodes are to be validated (checked for
conformance) against it. This is called a scope of a shape. When a shape
doesn¹t specify a scope, its scope is any RDF node.
The specification also uses the following terminology:
* RDF graph containing shapes is called ³shapes graph².
* RDF graph containing data to be checked for conformance (validated) is
called ³data graph².
* When examples talk about specific nodes that are being checked against a
shape, they use a term ³focus node².
* A report produced as a result of checking RDF data against the relevant
shapes is called a "validation report".

Irene Polikoff, CEO
TopQuadrant, Inc. www.topquadrant.com <http://www.topquadrant.com/>
Technology providers making enterprise information meaningful
Blogs ‹ http://www.topquadrant.com/the-semantic-ecosystems-journal/,
http://www.topquadrant.com/composing-the-semantic-web/
LinkedIn ‹ https://www.linkedin.com/company/topquadrant
Twitter - https://twitter.com/topquadrant