Re: Properties v classes in validation

On 9/3/15 3:52 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:

> On 8/31/15 10:47 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>>
>> SHACL can certainly express all this, but maybe not with its Core
>> Vocabulary. It's still SHACL though.
>
> Note that this is included in Use Case #1 as a needed feature:
>
> "3.1 UC1: Model validation
>
> There is a general need to validate that the instance data matches the
> models that have been defined in RDFS or OWL. The primary validation
> requirement is to ensure that the appropriate information is given for
> each property (or class) in the model. As examples, one could require
> that each property must have a domain,

rdf:Property
     a sh:ShapeClass ;
     sh:property [
         # Each property must have a domain
         sh:predicate rdfs:domain ;
         sh:minCount 1 ;
     ] .

> or that classes must be explicitly stated in the instance data.

ex:MyShape
     a sh:Shape ;
     sh:scope [ a sh:AllSubjectsScope ] ;
     sh:property [
         # all "instances" must have a type
         sh:predicate rdf:type ;
         sh:minCount 1 ;
     ] .

> Input to this case is the RDF representation of an RDFS (or OWL)
> ontology.

> given/available for a property or class."

These examples can already be covered. What else is missing?

> And also that this is the second requirement that has been brought
> forward from the library/archive community as a strong requirement
> that seems to be dismissed even though we included it in the use cases
> for SHACL.

Which one was the other?

Besides, nothing gets "dismissed" only because it is not covered by the
core vocabulary.

HTH
Holger