Re: Properties v classes in validation

Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote on 08/31/2015 05:26:24 PM:
> > And this has to be set as a Graph-level/global constraint, right?
>
> Yes, if you prefer to call it as such, this is graph-level.

This isn't just a matter of what I prefer. That's what the spec call it as
far as I understand:

7.1 Graph-level ("global") Constraints
https://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#graph-constraints

Isn't that what we are talking about?

> Technically it's just a Shape like any other one, only that it has a
> sh:scope instead of the (more common) class scoping. The sh:scope is
> set to iterate over all nodes that appear as object in an rdf:type
> triple. Alternatively it could also be turned into a
> sh:AllObjectsScope statement. (We may need to expose this to some
> practical experience to see which design patterns emerge).
>
> Holger

We ought to be consistent in how we call things or confusion will prevail.
I have to tell you that reading through the spec I find a lot of
inconsistencies throughout and I think the spec would benefit from
adhering to more consistency. Not a showstopper for FPWD but something to
worry about for the long term.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies -
IBM Software Group