Re: ISSUE-22 Recursion - Status of Core SHACL Semantics draft

On 11/11/2015 07:50 PM, Arthur Ryman wrote:
[...]
> Iovka said that the draft is no longer being maintained. Her latest
> version of the semantics of ShEx is given in [1]. I pointed out that I
> had proposed a different approach to positive recursion. [2]
>
> We agreed to look at each others articles and decide how to proceed.
>
> [1] http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.05555
> [2] http://arxiv.org/abs/1505.04972
[...]

I am continuing to look at [1].

It appears to me that ShEx there is *not* built on top of RDF, as the notion
of a graph there allows triples whose predicate is the inverse of a property.
 This permits a different set of graphs than does RDF because the three graphs
below are different

1/
:a :p :c .
:c ^:p :a .

2/
:a :p :c .

3/
:c ^:p :a .

I am puzzled as to why this change was introduced.

As well, there appears to be a single designated value for all blank nodes, so
that it is not possible to distinguish between

4/
:a :p _:b1 .
:a :p _:b2 .
_:b1 :p :c .