Re: shapes-ISSUE-51 (Results Vocabulary): What types of validation results should be returned [SHACL Spec]

I would prefer to have a different kind of flexibility beyond just the
severity level since R2.10.4 is now under consideration
https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/Requirements#Constraint_Violations_Reporting_Details

I suggest we turn sh:Error, sh:Warn, ... to owl individuals and connect
them to the result with a property like sh:severity
I agree on the need for a superclass like Holger suggests i.e. sh:Result
but this class will contain the most basic needed information like
severity, message and provenance (shapes, details, ...) that is not related
directly to a violation instance

sh:sh:ConstraintViolation will subClass sh:Result and add the existing
extra properties in Holger's draft
This gives way to add other types of results in the future for example
sh:AggregatedViolations as defined in [1] which will report violation counts
Aggregated violations are very useful in big datasets where the error
number can be too high and one needs to have only an overview.
In RDFUnit I additionally define two more restrictive versions of these
result types.

Maybe we don't decide to add other formats in shacl 1.0 but with this
change it will be easy to add them in the future

Best,
Dimitris

[1]
https://github.com/AKSW/RDFUnit/blob/master/ns/rdfunit_ontology_diagram.png

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association