Re: Input and output

Thanks Holger,

This is hugely useful.  It would be helpful to me (as the potential
implementer) to have the Jena-based API reference handy.  I'm wary of
spending a lot of time on this before things are solid, but I think with
more information I can make good judgements about which things are worth
implementing, and be better equipped to provide useful feedback on the
specs.

- Tom

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> FWIW in our (Jena-based) implementation, the input is a Dataset and a
> shapes graph and the output is an RDF Graph containing instances of
> sh:Error, sh:Warning etc. If someone activates validation in TopBraid
> Composer, we also send the currently selected resource (as the focus node)
> to the engine, and only report the validation triggered by that. The UI
> then walks through the sh:Error objects and highlights the affected
> properties on the form, based on sh:subject, sh:predicate, sh:object.
>
> Do you think your group would like to get a copy of the API? We plan to
> make that open source (and I have prepared a github repository already),
> but I am hesitating to open this up while the spec is unstable and people
> waste time.
>
> Holger
>

> On 7/11/15 12:50 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Peter, for the description. However, we were hoping for actual
>> examples. The TopBraid implementation uses forms for input and I don't know
>> if one can capture what the form actually sends to the SHACL code or the
>> raw output from that. But that's the kind of thing we're looking for.
>>
>> kc
>>
>> On 7/9/15 10:51 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>>
>>> My view is that SHACL validation takes two inputs
>>> 1/ a SHACL shapes graph
>>> 2/ an RDF data graph or dataset
>>>
>>> The output of SHACL validation is a set of constraint violations.
>>> http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#violations states that these
>>> can be
>>> encoded into an RDF graph and augmented with other information.
>>> Alternatively
>>> you could think of these as just the results of the top-level SPARQL
>>> queries
>>> corresponding to the shapes in the SHACL shapes graph.
>>>
>>> My test implementation of my proposal takes two URLs - for SPARQL
>>> endpoints
>>> for the shape and data graphs - and prints the violations (i.e., the

--
-Tom Johnson