Re: Core SHACL Semantics: Question about definition of negshapes

The semantics in http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/semantics has an unusual
treatment of negation.

You should think of the semantics as providing partial interpretations for
the shapes.  However, certain shapes need a full interpretation so that
negation can be handled.

Which shapes need to be so treated?  The shapes in negshapes(S).  The
definition of negshapes(S) is thus not directly related to negated shapes in
S but is instead "those shapes that need a full intepretation".

Are the definitions in the document adequate?  I certainly don't know.  Is
the resultant semantics reasonable?  I don't think so - see earlier posts.
Can the resultant semantics be effectively computed?  Probably not, as the
check for a valid typing could involve looking at very many other typings.

peter

PS:  It appears to me that the semantics as written allows for valid typings
where both s and !s are on the label of some node in G.  It may be that the
way to fix this is to tighten the definition of typing.