Re: Use cases for RDF Datasets in shape validation?

On 2/19/2015 17:55, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Hi Arthur,
>
> You said in yesterday's F2F discussions that you think of shapes as being evaluated against an RDF Dataset, not just a single RDF graph.
>
> Are there recorded user stories or use cases, or any other documentation, that motivate the necessity for this?
>
> My thinking so far was that validating single graphs is sufficient but I’d be happy to be convinced otherwise.

The EPIM user story [1] mentions that some constraints need to rely on
background data stored in other named graphs (e.g., "NPD fact pages").

Overall I believe the evaluation needs to start with a default graph,
but something like the SPARQL GRAPH keyword should be supported.

Holger

[1] https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/EPIM_ReportingHub