Re: interoperability (was Re: isolating shapes in named graphs)

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <
pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the relevance of this part of the thread is whether
> associating constraints/shapes with ontologies commits one to using those
> shapes.  The argument against committing appears to be that one would then
> lose interoperability.

I think 'committing' is too strong. IMHO this should be an option (perhaps
the default) but it should be easy to override this.

I wrote about this and how RDFUnit deals with it in the public-shapes list
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2014Jul/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2014Aug/0104.html

Here's details on how we have it as the default option but easily
overridable by the user on runtime
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-data-shapes-wg/2014Nov/0245.html

Best,
DImitris