Re: a view of SPIN constraints

Hi,

@Peter: are you referring to what is commonly referred to as "non-standard use" of the RDFS vocabulary?
Cf. http://books.google.at/books?id=Ah_pAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA105 Def.5.5

@Holger: While I agree that non-standard use can lead to unintuitive behavior, I don't agree
with the general statement, that

>>  RDFS doesn't have intuitive semantics, esp rdfs:domain and range are a source of
>> frequent user pain.

I think that the semantics of subclassOf,subPropertyOf, domain, and range is very
straightforward...
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "frequent user pain" here, or was it
only non-standard use you were referring to here?

best,
Axel

--
Prof. Dr. Axel Polleres
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna