Re: shapes as classes

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote on 12/19/2014
02:40:44 PM:

> From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
> To: Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
> Date: 12/19/2014 02:41 PM
> Subject: Re: shapes as classes
>
> S35 talks about an implicit connection between acc:AcccessContext nodes
and
> acc:AccessContextList nodes.  This implicit connection appears to me to
be
> outside the scope of RDF.
>
> peter

Peter,
I think this implicit connection is in scope because the concept of an RDF
graph is within the scope of RDF. The implicit connection between the
nodes is a consequence of them being in the same RDF graph. A shape
language should let me describe a constraint such as "The graph must have
exactly one node of type acc:AccessContextList, and zero or nodes of type
acc:AccessContext."

-- Arthur