Re: shape programs [was Re: shapes as classes]

> SPIN constraints are always (I think) associated with classes.

SPIN constraints can be global, only syntactically attached to
rdfs:Resource but executed without any binding of ?this. In a future
version of SPIN I think this should be cleaned up, with global
("static") constraints being stand-alone objects.

> However, there is no need for a SPIN document to contain an ontology.
> I don't think that SPIN can handle OWL ontologies anyway, only RDF
> classes.

SPIN constraints can be attached to any class, including owl:Classes or
instances of other subclasses of rdfs:Class.

Other parts of OWL can be handled in SPIN via generic constraint and
template libraries, e.g. to search for owl:minCardinality restrictions
in the superclasses. Prototypes for such a mapping exist.