Re: Some DC requirements

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/2014 07:24 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> Checking the IRIs
>> by Karen Coyle
>> Europeana aggregates metadata about cultural heritage objects from
>> hundreds of
>> libraries, archives and museums. The incoming data needs to be thoroughly
>> checked for accuracy. Among these checks are those on IRIs as values,
>> which
>> can vary depending on the property. Briefly, the checks are
>> 1) the IRI must resolve, i.e. http status code = 2XX
>> 2) the IRI value must return a media object of a given type (e.g. based on
>> list of MIME types)
>> 3) the IRI value must return an object which is of the rdf:type
>> SKOS:Concept
>

> I am uncomfortable including this kind of checking, although I do see that
> it has uses.  One issue here is that the results of the checks are all
> ephemeral.

I see the uses of this too, though sees like it is outside the scope
of this WG's current scope but leads itself more towards a "linked
data" validation/quality checker.  Has there been any requirements
identified that we don't want to follow links found in any of the
data?  Perhaps it drives this sort of requirement.

- Steve

..snip..